Poem: 20-4-2014

Ghazan Khan age 3
Airah Khan age  1
Nanno (me) ageless


GHAZAN KHAN


Nanno, why are you in bed all day and sick?
You know you have to do important things
Take me to the garden and play with me
How can you do that if you cannot run?
You will feel better when we play with the
Yellow ball! And maybe some mahjong too!

Airah plays with my books, tears them apart
This is not a toy! I keep saying, but
She doesn’t listen, in fact takes my cars
Motorbikes and tricycle too, then bawls
Whenever I snatch it back, I am fluent
You know, while she speaks baby gibberish!

The other day I watered some poor plants  
In the restaurant with bottled water
They had no flowers. I planted pretty
Primulas at Nanno’s gardening club
Took them to school, teachers gave three
 Stars for Fuchsias and Rhododendrons too

But seriously I do love my Nanno
Even though she is getting really old
She scribbles poetry in a small black book
When I ask her about what she’s writing
Poetry! She says! As if I didn’t know!
Older and wiser! When will they all learn!


 ©2014 April

Lalarukh Lasharie

Comments

  1. Replies
    1. Thank you, Linda! It is easy to write about someone we love.

      Delete
  2. Awwww...we love you, ageless Naano! The kids are blessed to have such a wonderful and talented grandmother :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts