Elegy 2


                          Mother 

The pristine white shroud
With scarlet roses scattered on it
The scent lingered , enveloped
The blood red perfume still follows me
You were a shady tree then _
Protecting your kids from elements
Not fading , lost and frail
Dying in moments , in pieces
But a poet , an artist , pulling
Our hands out of tiny troubles
Those bedtime stories
Those riverside picnics
Protecting , until she couldn't
Then helplessly crashing
But that is for another day
Today I sing of your love
Courageous leadership of our family
Your beautiful embroidery
Brushstrokes of Monet
Your lost poems sang of life
Your gardens of exotic flowers
I sing of your devotion in hard times
Today I celebrate you , my mother

                     © Lalarukh Lasharie



Comments

Popular Posts