Poet / Survivor

Day seven :
Note : Identities


                  Poet\ Survivor


The diagnosis made my gut spill out
I did not cry then , just listened , numb
We walked out , my husband and I
My soundless tears dripped , unaware
I had no idea I was crying , I even smiled
Trying to cheer him
My feet were walking , without feeling the ground
I was feeling cold in the middle of June
I reached home , saw the kids
Rushed to the bathroom , left the tap on
Cried , cried for our tomorrow

Its been twenty years
Seeing the hospital still makes me want to throw up
My life before was a skin I have shed
Time spent with my loved ones
Just waking up in the morning
Smelling a new flower
Painting a landscape
Writing a poem
I stopped working
Started creating
At peace in my world
I am a poet
Now

                       © Lalarukh Lasharie 






Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts